fqureshi

Windows 8.1 not pulling new deployments

Question

Hi,

We are busy deploying Windows 8.1 using Sccm 2012. Task sequence complete the steps without any errors. But when we deploy some new softwares, windows 8.1 machines doesn't seem to pull it. Even under "Software Center" it says no new deployments and still displaying IT organization. It seems it hasn't pulled machine policies either. However under Windows 7 everything just work.

I have checked the status of following:ClientIDManagerStartup.log, LocationServices.log and ClientLocation.log

Everything is working alright. Client has retrieved MP name and registered.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in anticipation.

Farzan

1 answer to this question

I think I have figured out the issue.

On the site server under client installation there were no Accounts defined so that it can give site server privilleged access to install the client properly and then fetch policies.

This is what I have done:

In configmgr, goto Administration, Site Configuration, Sites. Then on the ribbon, click on Client Installation Settings and under Accounts tab add the domain admins or privilleged user who can install client on the machines.

After doing this now my windows 8.1 machines getting all the policies fetched and applied. I am still monitoring but I hope this is it.