DPE1983

HP Elitepad 900 imaging - Windows 8.1

Question

Hi guys,

I'm trying to follow the guidelines from http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8071-trying-to-deploy-win-8-ent-to-hp-elitepad-900/ to create a deployment of Windows 8.1 for my HP Elitepad tablets.

My trouble is with the root certificate update msu that needs to be installed in order for the BIOS/driver update tool from HP to run properly. KB2756872 is required on Windows 8 previous to running the tool from HP in order for the tool to run successfully. However, that KB is not applicable to Windows 8.1.

Has anyone successfully imaged a HP Elitetab with windows 8.1? If yes, guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

/David

3 answers to this question

I'd imagine since the Root update is not applicable to 8.1 you could just exclude that step. Because you can exclude it in 8 if you have already installed it. Have you tried just imaging it without the update and seeing if it fails? I installed that update during the build and capture stage or the deploying of the image will take a very long time. Maybe an extra hour even.

Since the only 'guides' available from HP are for Windows 8 (which are terrible guides) this may take some trial and error. My recommendation is trying to deploy the image without the update and see where you get.

I made some progress. I't doesn't seem like KB2756872 is needed for Windows 8.1 deployments. However, if you want to run the HP Bios update utility as part of OSD, you still need to run the root certificate update tool.

I'm now so far that i got the HP Bios tool running during OSD - however, it doesn't seem like it ever finishes. I've left my tablet running the tool in OSD for like an hour, but it never gets beyond that step...