hhancock

Secondary Site Upgrade Error

Hello,

We have a System Center Configuration 2012 environment. We have one primary server, and two secondary servers. The primary server has been upgraded to SP1 without issues. When trying to upgrade the secondary sites, the upgrade is failing with the following three errors:

[Failed]:The collation of the site database does not match the collation of the parent site's database. All sites in a hierarchy must use the same database collation.

[Failed]:Current SUM configuration uses virtual locations for some of the active SUPs. Please remove any virtual locations from the existing SUM configuration.

[Failed]:Either the user account running Configuration Manager Setup does not have sysadmin SQL Server role permissions on the SQL Server instance selected for site database installation, or the SQL Server instance could not be contacted to verify permissions. Setup cannot continue.

The account I am using is our SCCM admin account which is a local administrator on all of the SCCM servers and has sysadmin privileges for SQL server. I followed these instructions with no help. I am trying to get everything up to SP1 so that we can begin looking into R2.

Thanks,

Hey

We are facing same issue as mentioned above. But we are upgrading Sccm from 1610 to 1702. We have managed to upgrade primary site and one of our secondary site.
But while upgrading rest of the secondary sites we receive above mentioned errors.

Post which we verified above errors and we meet all criteria's. I mean we have the same collation at primary site and secondary site.

We have no permission issue, account has been given sysadmin rights. Still we get above errors.

So can you suggest us the solution for it.

Edited by Navneet Singh