LakersFan

Report of where Dropbox is installed!

Guys, I'm trying to run a report to tell which computers have Dropbox installed on them, so naturally I use the "Computer with a specific product". I run it and the report is generated, but it includes computers that don't have Dropbox anymore or that might have had it installed at some point. I wanted to just get a list of the ones that currently have it installed.

Next I tried "Computers with specific software registered in Add Remove Programs" but that returns nothing, just blank. I tried %dropbox% in the title and such but t no avail.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Nazih

Hardware Inventory happens every 7 days, Software Inventory happens every 2 days, but the issue is that it's reporting uninstalls that took place say months ago. Weird, sounds like it keeps track of all installs. I really wanted to get a current count without having to filter out old versions installed. I wonder if there was a way of doing that! Thanks for your help :-)

Garth, I suppose you were right, digging a little more, turns out HW inventory is responsible for collecting apps in add/remove programs. It was already set for every 2 days which seems fine, but still doesn't explain why it shows old software installs that were upgraded. Seems like it tracks all installs but doesn't report when the software is no longer on the machine.

Dropbox isn't picked up by WMI which is why it doesn't show up in your query. Although it shows in Add/Remove, it isn't actually installed like most other applications. It runs from the users AppData folder.

You'll likely need to write a query to search recursively through all users for Appdata\Roaming\Dropbox\Bin.

Your other option would be to search for a specific registry key.