nhottinger

Copy working task sequence for new OS depolyment

Currently we have a task sequence working to install an image of Windows 7. We have created a new windows 7 image and would like to just use the same task sequence to do the deployment. I copied the existing task sequence, pasted it into sccm2012 and then just updated the image file with out new captured .wim. The task sequence works and installs the OS, but none of the software packages are being installed via the TS. Any ideas?

After some work, I determined it was a problem with the wim itself. We had another wim that I added to the task sequence and it completed fine. When we put the new wim back in the task sequence it didn't complete again. I am in the process of recreating a new wim for this image and will try again later. Thanks for the response. If I run into errors again with this new one I will post those logs.

I created a new wim and tried again with the same results. The OS applies successfully, but never runs the Post Installation tasks of the sequence which installs the software packages. All I could find on the system was the smsts.log, can you tell me where the other logs are located so I can upload those as well?

smsts.log