Yan

Unable to add Roles with MDT integration to OSD TS

Hello I have a fresh install of W2012R2, SQL2012SP1, ADK 8.1, MDT 2013 and SCCM 2012R2 Hotfix KB2905002 . I had the same errors on another upgraded server to R2.

I can't remove or add Roles in a OSD TS.

Add -> MDT -> Install Language Packs Offline. Works in a TS

Add -> MDT -> Uninstall Roles and Features. Does NOT work in a TS.

The install Roles and Features does NOT work also, same error so it seems some MDT integration is NOT working or just the ZTIOSRole.wsf

SMSTS.log:

<![LOG[This script should only run in the full OS.]LOG]!

<![LOG[ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by ZTIOSRole, rc = 1]LOG]!

<![LOG[Command line returned 1]LOG]!>

<![LOG[Process completed with exit code 1]LOG]!>

<![LOG[Failed to run the action: BDD_UninstallRoles. Incorrect function. (Error: 00000001; Source: Windows)]LOG]!>

ZTIOSRole.log:

<![LOG[This script should only run in the full OS.]LOG]! I'm running this after "Setup Windows and Configuration Manager" task so it's in "Full OS"

<![LOG[ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by ZTIOSRole, rc = 1]LOG]!

Removing Fax Services using dism.exe /online /disable-feature /featurename:FaxServicesClientPackage /Quiet /NoRestart is a good workarround but installing IIS6 Tools using dism.exe adds unwanted stuff like Web Server and c:\inetpub.

tks

post-21580-0-57025100-1386189603_thumb.jpg

You need to make sure you are using MDT 2013 for SCCM 2012 R2, otherwise, the integration will not work. Also make sure to have ADK 8.1 installed (don't continue to use the ADK 8.1 Preview).

I currently have ZTI and LTI OSD working seamlessly with MDT 2013 integration.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers,

Griffin

verify your setup windows and configmgr step is really working as if the error is to be believed you are still in WinPE

"<![LOG[This script should only run in the full OS.]LOG]!

I have a bunch of windows applications that install ok before the BDD_UninstallRoles task. I just did a test and the same error popped up.

I should of mentionned that the task sequence was exported from my lab server to my prod server. The servers are at the same level 2012R2. It did not work in the lab either...

How can I verify that the "setup windows and configmgr" step is really working?

If I don't use the MDT/Uninstall Roles; the OS and ConfigMgr client are installed properly and joined to the domain.

post-21580-0-26793100-1386705152_thumb.jpg

post-21580-0-51254500-1386705509_thumb.jpg