nhottinger

Capture Image wizard not working

I have manually installed Win7 on a pc in order to capture the image. I have disjoined from the domain, logged in as local admin, stopped the SMS Host agent service. I created a USB capture media, and started the process. I get to the point where the wizard starts, I enter the name of the .wim and all the other information. When I click finish, nothing happens. It never gets to the part where it starts to capture the image. What am I missing? What logs can I view to see the imaging process?

Hi,

It might help you take an image while you play with the USB drive, but I have had problems with using USB to capture. I ended up creating the ISO and burning a CD instead. This worked fine for me, albeit a little slower of course, but once it starts its fine.

When I allow the auto run, or run the program manually from the CD, it does take up to a couple of minutes to actually bring up the first window.

And as Peter has said, there is no need to stop any services, the TS will sort that out for you :). Just put the disk in, run and go :).

Phil

• Like 1