jheideman

Problems adding new Operating system

We are trying to add a new operating system to our SCCM 2012 system. I've added it to the Operating System Images, and I setup the distribution point. After updating the distribution point I've waited till it shows successful under content status. When this is completed I went into our task sequence that was working with the older image, and changed the Image Package it was using to reflect the new image.

When we run this task sequence now we are getting error 0x80070002. We have checked the NAA account does have access to this directory (even changed this to a domain admin account to be sure). Reading the smsts.log file I can see that it cannot find the file specified. When I look in the smspkge$ folder I noticed that the new package ID is not listed in there. I cannot seem to find an error on the SCCM 2012 system that shows why this is not getting added to this folder with the rest of the images. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

thanks ahead of time

!sPackageLocation.empty(), HRESULT=80070002 (e:\qfe\nts\sms\framework\tscore\resolvesource.cpp,3323)

Empty location for package: _SMSTSMKS000B5

Installation of image 1 in package MKS000B5 failed to complete..

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error: 80070002; Source: Windows)

have you verified that at this point that it has an IP address and can ping the FQDN of your MP ?

We figured it out. I don't know how we missed it, but under the image properties in the Data Access tab we did not have a check next to Copy the content in this packages to a package share on DP.

Hopefully this will help someone else that is just over looking it like we were

• Haha 1