SpinnZ

Apply a themePACK during OSD

Question

Hi Guys,

What is the best method too apply a themepack during OSD so users have the theme apploed during first logon?

My reference image has the .themepack injected to %systemdrive%\windows\Resources\themes\themepack.themepack.

How can i get this to apply during OSD?

Ive tried extracting the theme pack to that location and setting the "themeName" value in my unattend.xml during apply OS task sequence step. Which did not successfully apply the themepack.

Technet describes I need to add the .theme file to the ThemeName value and also add an image to Desktopbackground value. Though doesnt go into much detail.

If i set the Desktopbackground value to one of the pics within the themepack folder. Would this still cycle through ALL the pics within the images folder as the Themename value is set also?

I thought if i set the themename and desktopbackground values. That it would only apply the 1 image and not cycle through the rest.

I understand i can apply the themepack from GP, though i would prefer this is done from within the build.

All my research seems people are just applying .theme files and not .themepack files.

Any help would be great!

Cheers!

2 answers to this question

Are you playing around with W7 or W8? I´m also stuck at this. Did you get any result? How about if you transfer your desired theme into %systemdrive%\Windows\Resource or/and overwrite is as default file name, woundn´t it appear as default theme to every user?