bonedog73

updates installing (inside) business hours

Question

Wonder if someone can help me figure this out, I have an issue with updates installing inside business hours.

We have SCCM 2012 and we've configured our updates to install after 6pm on Wed but we do NOT have them checked to restart or update during business hours.

The deadline is Thursdays 1AM UTC which is 6pm Wed our time, the default business hours are from 5am to 10pm.

We've had a few hundred machines that have installed updates at 9am Wed morning, they upgraded to IE 10 and a few other updates.

I checked their logs and sure enough they went and installed and sccm called for a restart of the machines.

We did have IE 9 set to auto upgrade checked but most of our machines 3500+ updated as normal after the deadline and outside business hours.

1 answer to this question

Hi Bonedog73,

I am having a similar issue, if you learn the fix, that would be great.

Our system appears to be either ignoring our Maintenance Window or it is being overridden in some way.

Cheers,
Daniel