jdeane

How do I deploy an application to a AD Group/User Collection?

Afternoon All,

I'm new to SCCM 2012 and really trying my best to get things working as I thought they should be... I'm trying to push a simple application out to a user colleciton which only contains and AD group, which intern has the specific users added.

The AD Group is called SCCM_Deploy 7zip

The user collection is called Deploy 7zip it has the AD Group (SCCM_Deploy 7zip) inside of it.

I have the 7zip msi, all defaults turned on, and once I tell it to deploy to the 'Deploy 7zip' user collection nothing shows in software center.

I have attached a few screenshots.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

post-23092-0-89932700-1387300651_thumb.jpg

post-23092-0-96509200-1387300652_thumb.jpg

post-23092-0-32416600-1387300742_thumb.jpg

Available deployment to a user is available via the Application Portal.

To clarify on this, in Software Center, underneath the Search feature on the top right, there's a link to find Additional applications. This is where applications that are user based will be located in. It will open your browser, and you hit install, then you have to come back to the Software Center and hit install again. Why Microsoft decided to make this a two step process is beyond me.

To clarify on this, in Software Center, underneath the Search feature on the top right, there's a link to find Additional applications. This is where applications that are user based will be located in. It will open your browser, and you hit install, then you have to come back to the Software Center and hit install again. Why Microsoft decided to make this a two step process is beyond me.

You shouldn't have to click install at both locations. I've deployed all my apps to the app catalog and when I click install there it starts SC and installs automatically.