fgirard

Average time to deploy Windows 7 and more

Question

Hi !

I'm pretty new to SCCM and so far I find this tool amazing.

My questions is not very precise but I am curious to know how long should a Windows7 64bit and drivers should take.

I Honestly find it pretty long.

I'm also surprised to see It can take me over 2 days to finalize 1 computer with all the necessary software we send to it.

Ex: Office 2010-AdobeReader- Anti-Virus and other software's for employee to use.

I sometimes feel I could prep 1 station faster installing softwares and patch the old ways (cd's and usb).

Sometimes waiting for them to be pushed automaticly terribad too much time ;-D

Thank you for your time.

1 answer to this question

You should maybee consider a better solution, maybee clients that use built in sandboxing with verified boot, then you wouldent need to deploy all those anti virus stuffs :)

And also do you really need to deploy Adobe Reader? There is alot of plugins and web applications that can read and edit PDF's, all you need is a webbrowser