kishore.au

SCCM 2012 - OS deployment failing from secondary site

Hi ,

I am running into a issue when I try to deploy the task sequence to install operating system from secondary server.

Here is my issue :

In our environment we have 1 primary and 6 secondary site. Initially we built the primary site and tested the OS deployment . It went well without any issues . As the primary site is working fine we have configured other secondary sites . So I wanted to test the deployment s from Secondary server . For this I have changed the DHCP option 66 value to my secondary server IP.

When I PXE boot the computer , I can see that the client is contacting the secondary server .

This is the message I see on the client computer screen

Contacting server : xx.xx.xx.xx

TFTP download : smsboot\x64\abortpxe.com

PXE boot aborted , booting to next device

As the error is generic and was not much helpful , I checked SMSPXE.log in secondary server it says no advertisements found . I have attached SMSpxe.log .

I have enabled PXE & Unknown computer support on secondary server . All the content is available on secondary site DP . I have restarted WDS service several times but it is of no use . I have tried this on 2-3 machines assuming the machine MAC id was stored in SCCM database . on every machine it is the same behavior .

This is happening only with secondary server . If I change the option 66 value back to my primary server IP , the same deployment is working fine . I am struggling to find the cause for this behavior .

Does any one has any idea on where should I look to resolve this problem or to dig deeper

Thanks in Advance ,

Kishore

SMSPXE.log

Yes , I have updated both X64 & X86 images to all distribution points .

I have setup primary server first then configured other secondary servers . I tested the OS deployment first from primary server then updated the content in all distribution points . Would this approach cause any issue ?