nsilimela

How to create a query for All machines with Windows Defender

Question

Hi there,

I know this must be easy pickings for most administrators in this site but since im quite new in this environment i need a bit of help. I need to create a query for All machines with Windows Defender and link that query to a collection, Is this possible ? My ultimate goal is to distribute windows defender definition updates to a target collection.

* all my machines are vista

* SCCM 2007 environment

Regards,

SCCM Administrator

4 answers to this question

you can use something like this:

select distinct SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSAssignedSites, SMS_R_System.IPAddresses, SMS_R_System.IPSubnets, SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserDomain, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserName, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.NetbiosName, SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FilePath from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile on SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileName = "msascui.exe" and SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion = "Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 6.0"

i think definition updates are better handled with software update mechnism then regular packages

Hi Again,

I created the Windows defender query successfully. Now for the second phase - I'm attempting to create a query based collection, but when i click on Import Query statement on the Query rule propeties box i do not see my Query which i created earlier "All Systems With Windows Defender". Am i missing something. i only see default queries there.

Regards,

NS.