geckostech

Clients showing as not installed in the console after R2 upgrade

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to SCCM 2012 R2 and have an increasing number of clients moving from installed, to showing as no client installed at all. If I check the client on the machine, they look as thought they are reporting back, and if they are showing the old version, and I then manually instigate the upgrade, they upgrade ok, but still don't show as installed in the console.

I'm pulling my hair out a bit and am at a loss as to where to look, is anyone able to give me some guidance? I'm running in native mode.

Have you setup the automatic upgrade ?

You can do by going to Administration -> Site Configuration -> Sites. Then navigate to Hierarchy settings(in the ribbon). Then open the tab 'Automatic Client upgrade' and check the box for 'Upgrade client automatically when new client updates are available'.

Also you can setup Software Update-Based Client installation, by going to Client Installation settings -> Software Update Based Client installation properties