arr0ww

_SMSTaskSequence folder - not being deleted after OSD

Hey Guys,

The _SMSTaskSequence folder is not being cleaned up after the OSD has finished. The actual WIM file is still in there and the folder is eating up ~9GB. Doesn't this normally get cleaned up and only contain the smsts.log file?

yes if the task sequence completes successfully it should be removed by the process, so this tells me that your task sequence is not completing successfully, look at the smsts.log file and determine what is going wrong

yes if the task sequence completes successfully it should be removed by the process, so this tells me that your task sequence is not completing successfully, look at the smsts.log file and determine what is going wrong

I found the following errors: but really don't have much else to go on in the logs.

RhkHIiD.jpg
8GUF0tm.jpg

Maybe corrupt wim file?

Is it a custom wim or out of the box?

If custom did you activate prior to capturing by any chance?

I recaptured the OS already so I doubt it's corrupt or bad. I did not activate Windows 7 before, it's done after via KMS.

post your smsts.log(s) here and we'll take a look the screenshots of them isn't enough info - look in c:\windows\ccm\logs after the deployment is done and post all the SMSTS*.log files here

here's proof it failed

<![LOG[Resuming Task Sequence in Full OS]LOG]!><time="09:30:57.782+480" date="01-21-2014" component="TSMBootstrap" context="" type="0" thread="2684" file="tsmbootstrap.cpp:944">
<![LOG[Failed to get the environment key.]LOG]!><time="09:30:57.782+480" date="01-21-2014" component="TSMBootstrap" context="" type="3" thread="2684" file="environmentscope.cpp:316">
<![LOG[Failed to resume task sequence (0x800700EA).]LOG]!><time="09:30:57.782+480" date="01-21-2014" component="TSMBootstrap" context="" type="3" thread="2684" file="tsmbootstrap.cpp:426">
<![LOG[Exiting with return code 0x800700EA]LOG]!><time="09:30:57.782+480" date="01-21-2014" component="TSMBootstrap" context="" type="1" thread="2684" file="tsmbootstrap.cpp:1238">
<![LOG[Process completed with exit code 2147942634]LOG]!><time="09:30:57.782+480" date="01-21-2014" component="OSDSetupHook" context="" type="1" thread="2496" file="commandline.cpp:1123">
<![LOG[Task sequence completed 0x800700EA]LOG]!><time="09:30:57.782+480" date="01-21-2014" component="OSDSetupHook" context="" type="1" thread="2496" file="basesetuphook.cpp:1523">

it seems that after setup windows and configmgr it reboots but fails to continue

can you verify what steps are in your task sequence and does the client get installed at all (c:\windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.log)

here's proof it failed

it seems that after setup windows and configmgr it reboots but fails to continue

can you verify what steps are in your task sequence and does the client get installed at all (c:\windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.log)

I have solved the errors. When I upgrade to SCCM 2012 R2 I created the boot images but I did not switch my task sequence to use them. After removing the old boot image and using the ones from R2 the TS now completes with no errors and the _SMSTaskSequence folder is now cleaned up properly.

Thanks for the help, it pushed me in the right direction!

• Like 1