P3nnyw1se

Lenovo X240, boot.wim issue

I'm simply lost
The x240 simple won't get beyond 'Preparing Network Connections'

I completely recreated the boot.vim .. readded drivers..

I tested (x86) boot image, with 32bit drivers.. for both win 7 and win 8 and win 8.1

did the exact same just with (x64) boot and 64 bit drivers.

the exact same task sequence and boot.wim

work without a flaw on all other type of machiens I got. including the close sibling Lenovo X230

I then manually installed a x240 with Windows 7 and installed the network driver, using

the exact same files as I injected into the boot.. and those drivers install fine when I do it manually.

In the SMSLOG it attempts to get some 'regKey' something and fails..,(I don't have the log with me at the point of writing)

On the other machines the logs show the computers succesfully claim those regKeys,

Googling the error people say its either DNS related or network..

and since this connects by IP to the DP and not DNS.. I can only assume.. its still a driver issue

but I got no drivers left to try out.

I did this, I get no network adapters.. the driver is not installed

But I tried injecting almost every single network driver for this type of machine

windows 7 x64.. win 8 .. win 8.1 .. one at the time, and all together..

the Windows PE is 8.1 .. and others wrote and linked to the specific win 8.1 driver they used.. and it didn't work here

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem with X240 & X250.

I have to deploy a W7 x64 based TS with SCCM 2012 SP1 & Boot Image 4.0 x64 / WinPE 6.2

For the X250, I use the Lenovo WinPE Driver Pack 5.0 x64 dedicated for the X250 & the Lenovo W7 x64 dedicaded for the X250, my network card is note recognized, I don't get a TCP IP configuration & WinPE 6.2 loops after have been dowloaded

(cf https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht074984)

For the X240, Lenovo don't provides WinPE's Driver Pack but provides the Lenovo W7 x64 dedicaded for the X240. So, I don't know what WinPE's driver pack injecting in.

It seems that the WinPE's drivers pack are differents than the OS's drivers pack...

Do somebody knows how to select the right WinPE's driver pack ?

this sounds like a very good reason to do this

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/12277-updated-script-how-can-i-check-for-network-connectivity-storage-before-starting-a-task-sequence-in-system-center-2012-r2-configuration-manager/

secondly, we are deploying the lenovo x240 and x250 just fine with our winpe 5.1 images,

I just improved my configuration as following & now I got a TCP IP configuration :

- SCCM 2012 SP1

- Laptop Lenovo X250

- Boot Image 4.0 / Kernel 6.2

- Driver from the Lenovo DriverPack WinPE 5.0 for the storage

- Driver I218 x64 for the network

- Based W7 x64 SCCM TS

- W7 x64 SCCM Lenovo Driver Pack X250

However, the problem remains the same : WinPE doesn't download the W7 Task Sequence & the X250 reboot

1. Do you know how to improve my Boot Image 4.0 / kernel 6.2 configuration, please

2. I would like to know how to generate a Boot Image 5.1 / kernel 6.3

Best Regards

to get updated boot wims either update to ADK 8.1 and use those boot images it provides, or consider upgrading to SP2 which will include WinPE 10 which is backwards compatible with Windows 7 deployments.