crakeador

WDS and UEFI deployment

Question

Hallo WDS experts,

I would like to share with all one problem that I have. Last year I have configured WDS under WS2012 that helps me a lot in my job. Now all installations are complete unattended includind software and some customizations. Now I am starting to receive new computers with windows 8. These computers are using UEFI BIOS instead LEGACY BIOS. When I try to install windows using WDS, the installation fails. I would like to ask if somebody has experience in this field using WDS.

I tried the following:

I made a WinPE bootable USB-Stick with ADK 8.1, booted my PC from that stick in UEFI mode, and it worked.

Then I took the boot.wim from my WinPE Stick and loaded it as an additional boot image on WDS. When I pxe-boot my UEFI client from that boot.wim coming from adk, I get the unmountable_boot_volume error again.

Then I thought, maybe some drivers are missing, and I injected all the device drivers I could find into my boot.wim, but that would not make a difference.