jaskelly3578

2012 R2 not completing the Task Sequence

Hello all the experts out there.

I have recently upgraded SCCM 2012 R2 and am now experiencing and issue with my task sequences not completing correctly. They all (Build, deploy, win7 and win8) get to the point where they install the client and then reboot straight into windows without installing updates or applications.

Things I have checked:

Boot image version is: 6.3.9600.16384

TS uses correct boot image

TS is Newly created CM TS not MDT TS

Network Account password

I am using ADK 8.1 and MDT 2013

The smsts.log file has the strange error "Failed to get password, Failed to resume task sequence (0x80070057)" as seen in the attached.

I am also sometimes getting this error as well "failed to register task sequence with the newly installed client"

It also does not remove the _SMSTaskSequence folder created on C:\

Please help as this is driving me crazy :huh:

Thanks in advance,

Jason

post-23444-0-55524800-1389842334_thumb.png

Have you updated the distribution point with the newly created client. The upgrade to R2 does apparently update this automatically but just double check. Check the time/date stamp on your SMS_Sitecode\client files and folders against the client package on your DP to make sure they are the same.

It doesn't even clean up the talk sequence files

That's because the Task sequence is reporting back as failed.

If the client does not install properly it will not be able to find the applications or any other task that comes after the client install.