Rob MacLennan

MDT TS and Boot Image Problems

Hi

I'm having an issue where I have created an MDT Boot Image and TS in SCCM 2012, basically I'm trying to add a driver in for the boot image, however after SCCM tells me it has successfully update the boot image and I burn the boot image onto DVD as standalone media I'm met with the "Failed to find a valid network adapter"

Now that really tells me that I'm using the wrong nic driver, however if I do exactly the same in another environment I have available to me (SCCM 2007) it boots perfectly well and without errorl

I have looked into the bootwim, manually mounting and running a get-drivers to see if the drivers are installed and they are.

Anything else I should consider?

Ps As a side note, anyone had a play with standalone USB builds when the TS is an MDT one???

after you added the driver to the boot image did you update it to the dp's and did you verify that the boot image you are using is the one attached to your task sequence

So I recreated the boot image (MDT) have confirmed this time that the drivers are present after a fresh DP update was carried out, sadly though the client machine still fails to boot despite the driver being there.

I know this is pointing at the wrong driver being used however I'm certain it is correct given that it works on my 2007 box...

Given I know the driver is identical, that I can boot it on another environment, do I have any other options to consider in my 2012 environment?

Rob