ECWeW

SCCM 2007 - failed to save the current environment block this is usually caused by a problem with the program 0x(80070057)

SCCM 2007 SP2 on a server 2003.

Trying to install a Lenovo X240 with win7 x64. I have injected storage and network drivers into the WinPE image.

All my previous models run the installation fine. Feels like driver, model related. New laptop, SSD drive and more.

When I check locally on the machine in smsts.log I find this.

failed to save the current environment block. this is usually caused by a problem with the program 0x(80070057)

ce\unattend.xml Successfully initialized driver information Command line for extension .EXE is "%1" %* Set command line: "C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\ST100067\SOURCES\SETUP.EXE" "/unattend:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\unattend.xml" /noreboot Executing commandline: "C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\ST100067\SOURCES\SETUP.EXE" "/unattend:C:\_SMSTaskSequence\unattend.xml" /noreboot Process completed with exit code 31 Windows Setup completed with exit code 31 Entering ReleaseSource() for C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\ST100067 reference count 1 for the source C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\ST100067 before releasing Delete source directory C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\ST100067 Released the resolved source C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\ST100067 exitCode == 0, HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\setupwindows\setupwindows.cpp,440) setup.run(), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\setupwindows\setupwindows.cpp,1707) Exiting with code 0x80004005 Windows setup failed, code 31

smstslog in C:\ says this

task sequence cannot continue after reboot because ts manager is not configured to auto-start or gina is not installed

Task sequence cannot continue after reboot because TS Manager is not configured to auto-start or GINA is not installed

an error (0x80004005) is encounterd in execution of the task sequence

setupact.log

setup.exe called script x:\windowssetup\scrips\errorhandler.cmd to handle fatal error

0x070042 DIAG Call back_diagnosticdatasend: called with notification for error published by errorhandler.