thetooth

Deployment of software updates to nested collection

Hi, New to the forum.... I have been banging my head for a while now trying to get my 2012 SP1 environment up and running. I am close but have been running into an issue and I finally figured out what my problem was.

Issue: My clients were not showing that they had any updates to run(when they should have)

What I found was that because I was using nested collections(lots of diff maintenance windows) for some reason it is not passing down. Example, I apply the "server patches" deployment to a collection called Servers.

Servers

-3rd Week

-4th Week

-4th Monday

-SERVERA

-SERVERB

-4th Tuesday

-SERVERC

ServerA-C never show that they have a deployment waiting for them. If I move the deployment to the collection "4th Tuesday" then SERVERC now shows that it has updates waiting for it. As soon as I move it back it goes away again.

Am I missing something? This has always worked for me in the past with 2007. Any help is appreciated.