leusa

install special Application :-/

Hello there

I have a self made Application, that i have to install on around 100 Clients. It is our main App and it is importend that we can install it via SCCM Tasksequence

Installationroutin:

1. we have to "log in" as a special User (for example Domain Admin)

2. is the user loged in the setup.exe have to run as this Account (in Landesk the option calls "install as current User")

--> the installation have to be installed "on Screen"

many thanks for your help.

Sascha

Does the application which you have made have any install commands? Like "/S" or "-silent", or something similar?

You could deploy it using Applications, rather than TaskSequences, and deploy it to a user group which you create just for Admins within SCCM?

Hope that makes sense, and I also hope it's the kind of answer you're looking for.

Phil

Hello Phil

Thank you for your answer.

I made a Package that starts a install.cmd like this:

@echo off

rem Install ABC
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"%~dp0setup.exe" /s "%Systemroot%\Logs\ABCinstall.log"

rem set ODBC Connection
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
msiexec.exe /i "%~dp0ABC_ODBC.msi" /quiet /norestart

rem Change codepage
chcp 1252>nul

rem Create shortcut

if exist "%ProgramFiles(X86)%" goto X86
copy /y "%~dp0abc.lnk" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"
rem rmdir /s /q "%allusersprofile%\Startmenü\Programme\abc"
goto weiter

:X86
copy /y "%~dp0abc.lnk" "%public%\Desktop"
rmdir /s /q "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\abc"

:weiter

rem register mscal.ocx / msinet.ocx
regsvr32 /s %windir%\SysWOW64\MSCAL.OCX
copy /y "%~dp0PGVFix\MSINET.OCX" %windir%\SysWOW64
regsvr32 /s %windir%\SysWOW64\MSINET.OCX

rem set registry rights
"%~dp0SetACL.exe" -on "hklm\Software\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI" -ot reg -actn ace -ace "n:Domain\domänen-benutzer;p:full"

rem Change codepage
chcp 850>nul

rem set errorlevel to 0
rem exit /B 0

this script starts first the Setup.exe and for this setup a special domain User have to be loged in (Maybe autologon first)

in our old deployment system the First Step is to run this script with a current User

As second step the MSI will start. this should be fine

After this script the following Reg Key is set:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"AutoAdminLogon"="1"
"AutoLogonCount"="20"
"DefaultDomainName"=""
"DefaultUserName"="administrator"
"DefaultPassword"="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

next step is a reboot

and and and :-)

I think thats all informations that the appliction needs to install

Hi Sascha,

I would add the .cmd file to your SCCM console through the "Applications" area. Add it as a Script Installer (normally this will allow for .exe files, but when you search for the .cmd file, switch the file types to "All Files" rather than "Executable".

post-20536-0-66071400-1391076394_thumb.png

I can explain that in more detail if you wish.

Once you've done that, you could use the SysInternals system for the AutoLogon (but it is a permenant thing until you turn it off).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb963905

You could then create a user group within SCCM and add the user(s) in question to the group. Then deploy the application to that group and make it a required install. Each time the user in question logs on, it will install (or try at least), until you cancel the deployment, or if you have set a rule to detect the application, it will check that first and then decide whether or not the PC you've just logged in to needs it or not.

I hope this is the kind of thing you're after.

Phil

Hello Phil

Many thanks for your Help

I made the Sctipt install Application and the Detection Methode.

But now im not sure what i have to do with this autologon thing :-)

is ist Possible to put this Script Install and the autologon in my task sequence?

Sascha