Atomic12

MS Office 2010 sp2 updates still showing

Hi guys,

I have been struggling with this problem since last week. I want to update all of our MS Office Versions with the latest updates so that i get as little updates as possible. I have already done new Windows 7 image, it works perfectly. But after downloading all of the updates manually (before I found a very useful script which collects those updates) for office and unpacked them to updates folder.

But after deployment of our image and office 2010 i still get 20 updates like in the picture attached bellow.

DP are updated, everything seems fine, we also install Visio 2010 so i updated Visio as well. But i again get 20 updates.

I have tried installing the patched office 2010 on my non production VM, and it gets only 5 updates and that is ok, because we are then talking about 10mb's worth of updates.

We have German version of Office with English language pack, could that be the problem?

I should mention that we dont use WSUS with SCCM 2007 (dont ask why i am not in charge :) )

Useful vbs script for collecting exactly installed updates:

Dim oMsi,oFso,oWShell

Dim Patches,SumInfo

Dim patch,record,msp

Dim qView

Dim sTargetFolder,sMessage

Const OFFICEID = "000-0000000FF1CE}"

Const PRODUCTCODE_EMPTY = ""

Const MACHINESID = ""

Const MSIINSTALLCONTEXT_MACHINE = 4

Const MSIPATCHSTATE_APPLIED = 1

Const MSIOPENDATABASEMODE_PATCHFILE = 32

Const PID_SUBJECT = 3 'Displayname

Const PID_TEMPLATES = 7 'PatchTargets

Set oMsi = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer")

Set oFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set oWShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

'Create the target folder

sTargetFolder = oWShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%")&"\Updates"

If Not oFso.FolderExists(sTargetFolder) Then oFso.CreateFolder sTargetFolder

sMessage = "Patches are being copied to the %Temp%\Updates folder." & vbCrLf & "A Windows Explorer window will open after the script has run."

oWShell.Popup sMessage,20,"Office Patch Collector"

'Get all applied patches

Set Patches = oMsi.PatchesEx(PRODUCTCODE_EMPTY,MACHINESID,MSIINSTALLCONTEXT_MACHINE,MSIPATCHSTATE_APPLIED)

On Error Resume Next

'Enum the patches

For Each patch in Patches

If Not Err = 0 Then Err.Clear

'Connect to the patch file

Set msp = oMsi.OpenDatabase(patch.PatchProperty("LocalPackage"),MSIOPENDATABASEMODE_PATCHFILE)

Set SumInfo = msp.SummaryInformation

If Err = 0 Then

If InStr(SumInfo.Property(PID_TEMPLATES),OFFICEID)>0 Then

'Get the original patch name

Set qView = msp.OpenView("SELECT `Property`,`Value` FROM MsiPatchMetadata WHERE `Property`='StdPackageName'")

qView.Execute : Set record = qView.Fetch()

'Copy and rename the patch to the original file name

oFso.CopyFile patch.PatchProperty("LocalPackage"),sTargetFolder&"\"&record.StringData(2),TRUE

End If

End If 'Err = 0

Next 'patch

oWShell.Run "explorer /e,"&chr(34)&sTargetFolder&chr(34)

If I have left any important info please let me know.

Thanks,

post-22178-0-92588600-1391620440_thumb.jpg

I have isolated the problem to be the installation of Visio 2010 which is installed for our department in the company, and Visio even if it is patched is bringing this updates with it. If i cannot make it work today I will open a support case with MS.

I have isolated the problem to be the installation of Visio 2010 which is installed for our department in the company, and Visio even if it is patched is bringing this updates with it. If i cannot make it work today I will open a support case with MS.

edit: after I installed completely patched and updated Visio I still get this:

post-22178-0-34770300-1391787262_thumb.jpg

Office 2010 is not installed in this moment. I am trying reverse option, first Visio than Office.

Hi, thanks for you answer,

it includes the updates above. The only "solution" is to install visio first then office, after that order i get about 10-15 updates which is more acceptable.