mqh7

Custom HTA using PowerShell

I found the HTA tool on this site but I wanted to know if there are any HTA style tools that are written in PowerShell. I know PS a little but and I wanted to create a custom HTA for a Windows 7 OSD using CM2012.

And if not can I use a PowerShell front end with CM2012 OSD? I can create prompts and query AD with PS so it would make my life easier.

Thanks.

Thank you. one more quick question for you. How about using PrimalScript? I've played with it a little and it works good with PowerShell. If I wrote a PrimalScript / PowerShell GUI could I then pass my variables into a CM2012 Task Sequence?

Thanks again for your help.

On another forum someone said powershell is not really good for task sequences due to the .Net Framework. It was a bit unclear is reason. But I wanted to ask this board. Is there any reason you would "Not" use PowerShell for your .HTA tool in a cm2012 task sequence?

The only downside is that your PE Image will be inflated to 300MB. So it takes a little bit longer to load.

I also experienced some problems during the reimaging of some older bitlocker encrypted builds, because of the size of their BDE partitions. So i had to add an additional partitoning step (bitlocker command line :) ), which kicks in in case the BDE Partition is too small to keep the PE. Otherwise the Task sequence would just error out after applying the boot Image.

New BDE partitions are getting formatted with 500MB now.