JuhaK

Site server has lost it's DP role and "add site system roles" is greyed out!?

Hi,

I need help! I have SCCM 2012 SP1 (version 5.0.7804.1000) in production and there is some issues! I have 1 Site where is 1 site server and no other servers. This server has all roles installed. Now there's been couple of months when last time I needed to use SCCM manually (monthly updates uses ADR and didn't have any other needs to use SCCM). But now yesterday I noticed there's something wrong. My DP roles is missing and I can't even try to add it again because my "Add Site System Roles" is all greyed out

When checking monitoring - Site Status => All is green

When checking monitoring - Component Status => All is green

When checking content status, all content is targetet => 0 so there really is no DP anymore...

My OS is Server 2008R2 (installed on C-drive where is 3.5Gb free space)

My SQL is installed on D-drive where is 13Gb free space

My SCCM + data is installed on E-drive where is 22Gb free space

Server is virtual and installed on Hyper-V cluster

My account has Full Administrator priviledges.

This has been in production over an year and half without any issues.. I'm stunned, I have nothing in mind how to even start to troubleshoot this. Please help!

Br

Juha

post-18345-0-56312500-1392100488_thumb.jpg

post-18345-0-33771300-1392100489_thumb.jpg

hmm, got little update here... my colleague had configured a cloud dp and after done it he had deleted it. It was test only. But I have no idea if there had been "local" dp role when he started configuring cloud dp or if the dp role was already gone. I'm so damn lost here what to do next.. Basically we could use that cloud dp only, but I'd like to know what is wrong here. I have a dream to get real connection so I could someday use this for OSD installation with PXE.. but I still can't add any roles to my site server...

Anyone any idea?!

Thanks!

Br Juha

If the DP role has been removed there should still be traces left on the server hosting it i:e content folders etc, as it does not clean it up fully, well that's with my experiences of removing DPs anyway. If the DP was used for PXE the REmoteInstall folder will be still there also not unless it has been deleted manually.

You could check all status messages in the monitoring node and sift through these, any changes made on the hierarchy will defo be in here, it's just a matter of finding what you are looking for.

Okay, have to try to find something from status messages. There wasn't pxe being used.

I'm most confused about that damn "add site system roles" being greyed out. I'm full admin there and can't add more roles... something has happened in that server ..

Hey,

Sorry for delaying this. That link wasn't usefull. I found some errors SMS_CLOUD_SERVICES_MANAGER => Clud Services manager has failed to uninstall service xxxxxxx.. Please Delete the deployment using the windows azure portal.. (message id 9414)

And more errors when collegue has installed azure dp.. Error message: Cloud Content Manager encountered an internal error (The Server encountered an unknown failure. The remote name could no be resolved. Check logs for details.) <= What log does that mean?

would be nice to fix this even it hasn't been priority 1 here. I think I'll try to convince my boss I could install brand new SCCM with R2. Our present SCCM is only SP1 without any CU and it hasn't been installed at first place at it should have been (folder structrure is wrong, SQL is installed to wrong drives etc)..

If anyone can still help here, It'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Juha