Rounder

Windows Updates Issues Last 3 Months

For the last 3 months I've had some spotty issues with WSUS on my SCCM 2012 SP1 site. The biggest issue seems to be that every month, one or two servers seems to get one update a week or longer after every other server does. Not only that, but it installs the "lagged" update in the middle of the day, violating the maintenance window, and I do not have the deadline behavior set to override the maintenance window on the deployment.

The most recent example is it installed IE 10 in the middle of the day, and then rebooted the server. I deployed the IE10 update in December 2013, and EVERY other server received this update then, and I've had this VM for 3 years now, so it's not like it's a new server that was just a little slow picking up the updates. I have zero explanation for how this happened.

This is so bizarre. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!