ms-admin

boundary groups site assignment explanation?

Hi, i'm wondering whether to use the 'use this boundary group for site assignment' option under the references tab. i've read the literature from microsoft here but i'm concerned by the following paragraph... "Site assignment is used by clients that use automatic site assignment to find an appropriate site to join, based on the clients current network location. After a client assigns to a site, the client will not change that site assignment. For example, if the client roams to a new network location that is represented by a boundary in a boundary group with a different site assignment, the client’s assigned site will remain unchanged." the drop down for assigned site shows all sites and i have one primary and three secondary sites which are all management points so i'm wondering if i should set this on each secondary to it's own site or to the primary site? thanks.

hi, so if i set a boundary group to a local secondary site code for automatic site assignment this will still get any clients assigned to the primary anyway? but if that's the case why not just have the single primary site on the list? what is the purpose of being able to select a secondary?