salthaus

Application not detected in Task Sequence

Hello,

I have Problems with some applications in a task sequence with SCCM2012 R2.

The applications install fine in a normal deployment via Software Center and get detected after the Installation.

The same applications get installed in a TS but are not detected after the Installation (according to AppEnforce.log) and the TS fails.

I already tried all kinds of application detection methods (file system, registry, MSI, custom script) but without success.

When the TS fails I checked manually (pressing F8) where detection should have looked and the requirements are met.

Thanks in advance for your hints and solutions.

Is it an OSD task sequence? Read on twitter that Johan Arwidmark (SCCM MVP) didn't recommend using the new application model in, at least, OSD task sequences. I had a bunch of different problems, not the same as you though, and I actually converted all my OSD apps to packages instead. Since then I haven't had any problems installing apps in a TS. I still use the app model to deploy apps to clients in full OS and that works great.

Yes, it is an OSD sequence.

Most of my applications work fine in the TS, with all kinds of detection methods.

The consultants who helped me with the implementation told me, there are no poblems using applications in a TS, they have used it for many customers.

I forgot, the application that fails is "Adobe PDF iFilter".

Yes, it is an OSD sequence.

Most of my applications work fine in the TS, with all kinds of detection methods.

The consultants who helped me with the implementation told me, there are no poblems using applications in a TS, they have used it for many customers.

I forgot, the application that fails is "Adobe PDF iFilter".

Most of my applications worked fine in a TS also, but some of them didn't (at random times), and I can't have that kind of unreliability. And since more people than me has had similar problems I know there's nothing wrong with my specific environment, it's just a flawed implementation by Microsoft.

I'm sure the consultants told you that, but I'm telling you how it is (for many of us) in the real world. And I provided you with a solution which is going to work 99,9% of the time.