Jump to content


salthaus

Application not detected in Task Sequence

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I have Problems with some applications in a task sequence with SCCM2012 R2.

 

The applications install fine in a normal deployment via Software Center and get detected after the Installation.

 

The same applications get installed in a TS but are not detected after the Installation (according to AppEnforce.log) and the TS fails.

 

I already tried all kinds of application detection methods (file system, registry, MSI, custom script) but without success.

When the TS fails I checked manually (pressing F8) where detection should have looked and the requirements are met.

 

Thanks in advance for your hints and solutions.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it an OSD task sequence? Read on twitter that Johan Arwidmark (SCCM MVP) didn't recommend using the new application model in, at least, OSD task sequences. I had a bunch of different problems, not the same as you though, and I actually converted all my OSD apps to packages instead. Since then I haven't had any problems installing apps in a TS. I still use the app model to deploy apps to clients in full OS and that works great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it is an OSD sequence.

Most of my applications work fine in the TS, with all kinds of detection methods.

The consultants who helped me with the implementation told me, there are no poblems using applications in a TS, they have used it for many customers.

 

I forgot, the application that fails is "Adobe PDF iFilter".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it is an OSD sequence.

Most of my applications work fine in the TS, with all kinds of detection methods.

The consultants who helped me with the implementation told me, there are no poblems using applications in a TS, they have used it for many customers.

 

I forgot, the application that fails is "Adobe PDF iFilter".

 

Most of my applications worked fine in a TS also, but some of them didn't (at random times), and I can't have that kind of unreliability. And since more people than me has had similar problems I know there's nothing wrong with my specific environment, it's just a flawed implementation by Microsoft.

 

I'm sure the consultants told you that, but I'm telling you how it is (for many of us) in the real world. And I provided you with a solution which is going to work 99,9% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I already tried refreshing the packages, I even deleted and recreated them.

 

I've now decided to create packages for these applications.

 

Thanks to you all for your hints and tipps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had lots of weird oddities, until I put a restart in after installing Config Manager, I set that to boot into the OS and not back into WinPE and everything has been rock solid (10k deployments) since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...