Steve.sven

OSD deployment fails on preparing network connections

Based on the error message below I think you're having some issues resolving the MP. Please check if the machine is able to resolve the MP.

[LOG[Error. Received 0x80072ee7 from WinHttpSendRequest.]LOG]

![LOG[unknown host (gethostbyname failed)]LOG]

Okay thanks I shall have a look.

Kind Regards

Kye

Based on the error message below I think you're having some issues resolving the MP. Please check if the machine is able to resolve the MP.

[LOG[Error. Received 0x80072ee7 from WinHttpSendRequest.]LOG]

![LOG[unknown host (gethostbyname failed)]LOG]

Brilliant thanks, :) I double checked my DHCP and low and behold it had changed my Server Options \ DNS Server as 127.0.0.1 by default so changed it and now seems to be booting and running the TS as I type this now so will let you know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Kye

Hi There I have a similar issue. When I try to deploy a new system I too get as far as "Preparing Network Connections" and the computer restarts. I have tries again and this time I pressed F8 to check if the network adapter was loaded and have a valid IP address. Not only was the correct NIC loaded, I also have name resolution to the SCCM DP. I have the same issue no matter what computer I attempt to apply the OSD.

I have attached a screen shot and the smsts log file.

Any ideas would be fantastic as I'm completely at a loss.

smsts.log

post-32192-0-81988500-1447321064_thumb.jpg

I've just started getting this issue and for the life of my can't work out why. As in the screenshot above my networking is all ok. I can ping by hostname, map drives to copy the log files etc. It does show the error below and I have no idea why. I definitely have two TS advertised as available to unknown computers and haven't changed these deployments for quite some time.

There are no task sequences available to this computer.. Please ensure you have at least one task sequence advertised to this computer. Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows)

Any ideas? I've re-created my boot image from scratch and added the required nic driver and end up back where i started with the message about no ts available to this computer

So I found this thread and looks like it was the same issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a6f8faf-1553-466f-b11c-0f24c6ec23f5/unknown-computers-no-longer-seeing-task-sequences?forum=ConfigMgrCBOSD

In my smsts.log it showed:

Unknown machine GUIDs: f35d0b2b-43a4-4cbc-897d-aea9a2f85412 f3cf2a97-4b9a-46bd-83da-8c267b85878b - I'm thinking the 2nd GUID is the x64 unknown computers

I opened my SCCM database and then went to the dbo.System_DATA table. I then ran the query below

SELECT TOP 1000 [MachineID]
      ,[InstanceKey]
      ,[RevisionID]
      ,[AgentID]
      ,[TimeKey]
      ,[rowversion]
      ,[Name0]
      ,[SMSID0]
      ,[Domain0]
      ,[SystemRole0]
      ,[SystemType0]
  FROM [CM_ADL].[dbo].[System_DATA] where SMSID0 like '%f3cf2a97%'

The record that was found was the last machine I remember deploying successfully.

I deleted this 'Device' from Assets and Compliance -> Devices and then started the PXE boot again. This time the Task Sequence Wizard loads

I am running: CM 1702 / Console version: 5.00.8498.1711 / Site version: 5.0.8498.1000

Nice troubleshooting, sounds like you figured it out pretty quickly. It is a known issue and MS has released a hotfix that should take care of the root issue. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4019926/update-rollup-for-system-center-configuration-manager-current-branch-v. Looks like the issue is more prevalent if the Previous button was used during the task sequence wizard.