shockwave

Configuration Manager cannot connect to the site

Hello,

Everytime I start the configuration manager console after waiting some minutes I get the following error:

Configuration manager cannot connect to the site (configmgr1.eindwerk.local).

The Configuration Manager console cannot connect to the Configuration Manager site database. Verify the following:
This computer has network connectivity to the SMS Provider computer.
Your user account has Remote Activation permission on the Configuration Manager site server and the SMS Provider computer.
The Configuration Manager console version is supported by the site server.
You are assigned to at least one role-based administration security role.
You have the following WMI permissions to the Root\SMS and Root\SMS\site_<site code> namespaces: Execute Methods, Provider Write, Enable Account, and Remote Enable.
back some week ago I installed SCCM and it worked. I could install the agent on clients, install software on the client through SCCM,...
Then yesterday I was trying to capture a OS. I lookup up how to do that and apparently Windows Deployment Services was necessary, so in server manager I installed it.
Today I try to continue. I open the console and I get the error mentionned above. I run C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\tools\ConsoleSetup\AdminCOnsole.msi and choose repair, it still doesn't work. I uninstall the windows deployment service, it still doesn't work. I install the console on a windows client, it doesn't work.
specs:
windows 2008 server r2 VM
sccm 2012R2
AD domain level windows 2008R2.
note:
In server manager: WSUS has a red cross next to it. I can't open it.
services installed on VM: file services, IIS, WDS, WSUS
Can anyone help me?
  • Like 1

locally,

this is wat is in SmsAdminUI.log (multiple times):

[5, PID:1096][02/16/2014 09:48:05] :Transport error; failed to connect, message: 'The SMS Provider reported an error.'\r\nMicrosoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryException\r\nThe SMS Provider reported an error.\r\n at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryResultsObject.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.Connect(String configMgrServerPath)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.SmsSiteConnectionNode.GetConnectionManagerInstance(String connectionManagerInstance)\r\nConfigMgr Error Object:
instance of __ExtendedStatus
{
Operation = "ExecQuery";
ParameterInfo = "SELECT * FROM SMS_Site WHERE SiteCode = 'SVD'";
ProviderName = "WinMgmt";
};
Error Code:
ProviderLoadFailure
\r\nSystem.Management.ManagementException\r\nProvider load failure \r\n at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryResultsObject.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()\r\nManagementException details:
instance of __ExtendedStatus
{
Operation = "ExecQuery";
ParameterInfo = "SELECT * FROM SMS_Site WHERE SiteCode = 'SVD'";
ProviderName = "WinMgmt";
};

Maybe when you installed the WDS service and after the restart the SQL service did not restart automatically if SCCM, SQL and WDS on same box.

Check the services on the server.

in the services window I tried to star the SQL server service and the error I got was:

Windows could not start the sql Server (MSSQLSERVER) service on Local COmputer

Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

now that I remember, A week ago (or two) I had to change my admin password because it was expired.

I then changed the Administrator pasword back to the original. Logged in again. Then I could start the SQL server service and start the SCCM console.

Thanks

Good that it is working :) .... however I must stress the point that a dedicated SQL service account would be the best option for such services like SQL and set it that it does not expire and cannot be changed, because if any other service also used the original admin account with original password they too would not have been functioning.

It is good practice to do this. ;)

Good that it is working :) .... however I must stress the point that a dedicated SQL service account would be the best option for such services like SQL and set it that it does not expire and cannot be changed, because if any other service also used the original admin account with original password they too would not have been functioning.

It is good practice to do this. ;)

All the above solutions didn't worked for me. AdminUI.log in Client PC where I am installing Admin console gives errors of Version mismatch. I am installing Admin Console from SCCM CD.

This worked for me:

1. Uninstalled Admin Console from Client PC

2. Copied AdminConsole.msi file from my SCCM server PC \\SCCM_PC\SMS_Site\Tools and then installed Admin console from this file

3. And Guess, I am able to connect to SCCM site from Client PC