TheMuffinMan

SCCM 2007 SP1 Not connecting to database

Question

I have just completed a textbook install of SCCM 2007 (following the http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=487 guides) and had absolutely no errors running the prerequisites.

The SQL server was configured using that guide as was WSUS and IIS. I made sure to follow the required reboots as well.

I just finished installing SCCM, on the actual server, and the site shows up correctly in the list BUT on a refresh I get the following:

The ConfigMgr console could not connect to the ConfigMgr site database. Verify that this computer has network connectivity to the SMS Provider computer and that your user account has Remote Activation permissions on both the ConfigMgr site server and SMS Provider computers. For more information, see "How to Configure DCOM Permissions for Configuration Manager Console Connections" in ConfigMgr Help.

I verified the permissions are correct (the Remote Activation) and rebooted to make sure. What else causes this error?

If I remove the site from the "Sites" tree then try to add it myself I get a "Cannot connect to site database. blah blah blah might be incompatible site server version try to add another one"

Forgot to add the following

- Windows Server 2008 (not our DC)

- WSUS 3.0 SP1

- IIS 7.0

- SCCM 2007 SP1

- Everything installed under same user account

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet