francisb

MDT2013 offline language packages

Question

Hello,

At our company we use MDT2013 to deploy Windows 8.1. We do not have SCCM only MDT 2013.

I created a "build and capture" Task Sequence" to create and update a custom .wim and use this custom .wim in a deployment Task Sequence.

Now we have different users wanting their workstation running Windows8.1 native language, so i am looking to install their specific language using MDT.

I imported the lp files into the package folder within separated language folders into MDT.

My question is, how can i configure MDT that during deployment when asked which language to install that the correct language will be installed.

I can find a lot of tutorials doing this in combination with SCCM, but we do not have SCCM.

Thanks for your help.

1 answer to this question

Ok, i solved it.

I build a reference machine deployed by MDT. Then i did not a capture directly but first installed the languagepacks and updates.

Then i run a capture task and created a custom .wim doing that.

Used that captured .wim in my deployment task and now i am able to choose a language to install.

Still need to test it through but first test looks promising.

Thanks.