pxefish

External WSUS for SUP. Errors, lot of them!

I'm stuck! First of I'm very new to SCCM, it might be (sure it is) a layer 8 problem. :-)

Trying to integrate WSUS in SCCM 2012r2 via SUP.

My lab env. looks like following:

SCCM server.

SQL server with two instances: SCCM, WSUS and DPM.

WSUS server.

- Put the SCCM Computer account on the Local Administration group on the WSUS server.

- Installed WSUS administration tools interface on SCCM server and connected to it.

Using port 8530, Checked IIS manager.

All servers are updated to the latest versions,

SUP running on my primary site,

Configured SUP.

I have also reinstalled WSUS and SUP - Lot of times!

The errors logs, lot of them!:

WSUS Synchronization failed.
Message: WSUS update source not found on site JLW. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details..
Source: getSiteUpdateSource.
The operating system reported error 2147500037: Unspecified error
WSUS Configuration Manager failed to configure upstream server settings on WSUS Server "sccm.lab.net".
Possible cause: WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or above is not installed or cannot be contacted.
Solution: Verify that the WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or greater is installed. Verify that the IIS ports configured in the site are same as those configured on the WSUS IIS website.
WSUS Control Manager failed to configure proxy settings on WSUS Server "sccm.lab.net".
Possible cause: WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or above is not installed or cannot be contacted.
Solution: Verify that the WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or greater is installed. Verify that the IIS ports configured in the site are same as those configured on the WSUS IIS website.You can receive failure because proxy is set but proxy name is not specified or proxy server port is invalid.

WSUS Control Manager failed to monitor WSUS Server "sccm.lab.net".
Solution: Verify that the WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or greater is installed. Verify that the IIS ports configured in the site are same as those configured on the WSUS IIS website.
Sync failed: WSUS update source not found on site JLW. Please refer to WCM.log for configuration error details.. Source: getSiteUpdateSource
Failed to set WSUS Local Configuration. Will retry configuration in 1 minutes

I solved the issue. Like I wrote at the top, Im pretty new so SCCM..

To get it to sync I had to add the WSUS server as a Site System Server with the SUP role on it.

Is this how its done? Must have missed that while reading on technet. :-)