Hi Guys,

I'm trying to understand the possible scenarios that you can have with CM and one of the scenarios that I can't test it's with VDI.

I understand that if you have a VDI environment, and if you have CM, you can simple deploy a bunch of applications to the VDI's very quickly. Just like physical environments.

You can also have some App-V's packages and make them available to the application catalog and let users decide what they want. But the VDI can be refresh, meaning that will lose it's settings, applications, data that users made during the day, week, etc. In the meantime when the VDI restarts CM agent will request all over again, correct?! All applications, app-v packages, etc... or not?! How does it works with VDI? Is like the same as with physical environments? How does it work ?! Does CM helps to manage VDI applications management, packaging, etc or not? Who has that experience could please share some knowledge about this?

Thank you in advanced!

I'm no expert but I'll give my understanding.

It's not a good idea for all the reasons you have stated. Mind you that doesn't mean it's not useful. You can use CM during the application capture process but I don't see the draw as it's just as easy to manually install apps during the capture process.

There are many options to present apps in a VDI environment, App Volumes, ThinApp, App-V; but not SCCM, unless you are using persistant VM's. Not a great idea either for various reasons.

• Like 1