regisp

SCCM try to install client on unassigned computer

Question

hi,

for my tests, i have put several xp pc in a test group for pushing clients.

At this time, i discovered, reading the ccm.log files that all my test PC where unable to use WMI (the reason is i'm using custom NTOSKRNL for my OS image and i forgot to change the kernel after having applied a ms patch, but this is not the object of this thread)

So, i'have repaired 2 pcs (so wmi was working) and the client push was ok and i decided to remove the non working pc from the test group and delete them manually from the console

Now, when i'm reading ccm.log, the client try to install each hour (maybe because the heartbeat is set to 1 hour) to these pc for an unkown reason.

I also try to launch site maintenance task (thinking there was data about them in the site db) but after 24h, nothing

I also remove a working pc from the test group, removed the client, delete it from the console and looked at the cmm.log for more than one hour : nothing)

After 1h30, i replace the pc to the test group and the client install was successfull. There are trace in cmm.log only during the client install and now the client is up for 2 hours, there are no more info about this pc but always error about the ones i have removed few days ago.

as always, thank you in advance for your help

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet