Jeroen Meeuws

No permission to the software catalog

Hello,

In the first place I would like to thank the lab series on configuring a vnext configuration, thx alot !!!

Last week we installed the beta 1 of SCCM 2011 (V.next)

I added with success the software catalog web service point & web site point.

We deployed an application to all the testusers (no mandatory)

When i try to access the software catalog i receive the following error message on my test client :

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Where can you change the permission settings to add my testusers to the software catalog ?

grtz,

Jeroen

Hello,

In the first place I would like to thank the lab series on configuring a vnext configuration, thx alot !!!

Last week we installed the beta 1 of SCCM 2011 (V.next)

I added with success the software catalog web service point & web site point.

We deployed an application to all the testusers (no mandatory)

When i try to access the software catalog i receive the following error message on my test client :

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Where can you change the permission settings to add my testusers to the software catalog ?

grtz,

Jeroen

It uses windows authentication so as long as you use IE it should be fine. Make sure the site is set to use Windows Authentication (which it should be).

As far as IIS you need ASP.NET, ISAPI filters, and Windows Authentication from Role Services for Web Server (IIS), also make sure you have WCF installed. That should be enough to get it working.