MRaybone

Updating a Systems' AD Site...

Question

Hi all,

We've had an issue here where clients were being assigned to the wrong SCCM site as there was a misconfiguration in our AD Sites & Services, and I'm using AD site boundaries. This has recently been rectified, but will clients, once they get their updated AD site, automatically reflect this change and get reassigned to the correct SCCM site?

If not, what's the best way to go about getting clients to point in the right direction?

Cheers,

MRaybone.

2 answers to this question

Also, if I change a client by using an HTA frontend tool (the ConfigMgr Client Troubleshooter), for example changing the assigned site or doing an auto discover site which results in a different site being assigned, is there anything I need to do to get these changes reflected in the SCCM console? Can I force this update? Cheers!

Also, if I change a client by using an HTA frontend tool (the ConfigMgr Client Troubleshooter), for example changing the assigned site or doing an auto discover site which results in a different site being assigned, is there anything I need to do to get these changes reflected in the SCCM console? Can I force this update? Cheers!

Look at this thread how to change the site code http://social.techne...f6-6cb7ded17722 might help you

How Automatic Site Code Discovery happens: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc180094.aspx