TimN_FL

OSD Task Sequence Failes to Resume for Windows 2008 R2 Build

Question

I am current trying to build and capture a WIndows 2008 R2 image. I am currently running SCCM 2007 R2. My first version of the TS was just a vanilla TS with minimal steps to minimize complications. It installed the OS from an OS install package and captured the image without issue. I then added a step after the "Setup Windows and ConfigMgr" step to install updates.

post-15335-0-16542200-1336035807_thumb.jpg

The updates install as expected and the computer reboots to a black screen where it applies the updates. Then the machine reboots again, I get a flash ( I am assuming that this is where the error is occuring ), the machine reboots and I get the initial configuration screen for Windows 2008. I have checked the logs and don't see any errors with the updates or the TS so i am not sure what is going on or where to start with troubleshooting this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,

TimN_FL

1 answer to this question