Question

Hello All,

Before I get to my problem I just gotta say I love this site. It is very educational and helpful.

So today I installed the Adobe Flashplayer 11.7.700.169 with SCCM 2012. I installed both the Active X and Plugin versions as SCCM Applications by using the MSI files I downloaded from Adobe here http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html . Both were installed and show up in Add/Remove programs with the correct version number.

But when I point the browser to a site that uses flashplayer, none can be detected. If I follow the link provided by the website to adobe's web site and manually install flashplayer, then it works. After that, I see two copies of it in Add/Remove Programs, both with the same version number. The only thing I noticed different, is that the one pushed out from my SCCM 2012 server is 17 MB's and the one from the manual install is 6 MBs.

So it seems like SCCM did its job and installed the program. But then why can't it be detected? And why does it show up twice after a manual install?

I have installed Flashplayer several times before, without a problem and have pushed out other programs also.

Has anyone else seen or had this problem? Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong?

Thanks!

post-18140-0-73534800-1365616536_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question