Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
Jaekt

Unattend.xml - English UILanguage with other language keyboard

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to use a unattended xml file in my task sequence (in apply operating system).

What i want my unattended installation to do is to select english user interface version of windows 7 x64, but with norwegian keyboard etc. I have to do this because my task sequence requires me to choose between english and norwegian version of windows, but when i do it manually (even when choosing english version), i still get norwegian keyboard.

The file i use is:

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
<settings pass="oobeSystem">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
<InputLocale>nb-NO</InputLocale>
<SystemLocale>nb-NO</SystemLocale>
<UILanguageFallback>nb-NO</UILanguageFallback>
<UserLocale>nb-NO</UserLocale>
</component>
</settings>
<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim://37e-sccm/sources/os/captures/win7entx64-office2010-cmclient.wim#2" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
</unattend>

 

 

I can set the UILanguage to nb-NO, i then get norwegian keyboard, but also the user interface is norwegian, which i do not want.

 

Thanks in advance ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ok, after struggling for many hours I decided to start from scratch.

Recreated package, distributed it, remade answer file and i finally got it working.

Really dont know what the problem was, but now it is working, script is now:

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
<settings pass="oobeSystem">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...nfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...Schema-instance">
<InputLocale>nb-NO</InputLocale>
<SystemLocale>nb-NO</SystemLocale>
<UILanguageFallback>nb-NO</UILanguageFallback>
<UserLocale>nb-NO</UserLocale>
<UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
</component>
</settings>
<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim://37e-sccm/sources/os/captures/win7entx64-office2010-cmclient.wim#2" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
</unattend>

 

 

Only difference now is that UILanguage is the last step, I dont know if this was the cause, all i know is that it is working now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...