Edenost

Netsend with SCCM

Sorry if this may be a repost, I did do a "quick" search, before hand, and found nothing.

I was wondering, is there anyway to use SCCM 2012 (SP1) to send a type of Net Send message out to all users? I don't need anything picky, all systems is fine!

We have since migrated ALL PC's from Windows XP to Windows 7 (bit late, but my boss was not willing to do it until I arrived here and showed him SCCM lol).

Obviously we knew we'd loose Net Send, but gain MSG.exe (which is rubbish in comparison for net send needs).

If not, don't worry. Thanks :)

Phil

HI Peter,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I thought as much.

I have installed "Right click tools", and found it to be very useful, but I'm not great at writing any programs/scripts to be honest. Especially with PowerShell (I still am yet to get round to using it properly, I still use CMD for most things :D lol).

Has anyone done this already and how would I install it to my SCCM console?

Thanks