wsoriano

How can I minimize .mig file size

Question

I'm working in a medium-sized company with arond 250 PCs. A few months ago, I set up a vbscript that runs Scanstate silently during log on for the purpose of capturing user profile/Windows settings, i.e., Office settings, Windows profile customizations, network drives, printer connections, ODBC connections, etc. While it's working just fine, and has saved us countless hours when rebuilding a user's PC, the .mig files that get created during scanstate are larger than we would like them to be and has caused space issues on our backup server since the file gets backed up (and we want to back up those .migs!). I've already created an XML file that scanstate calls on which excludes a few file extensions such as Office douments, zip archives, PDFs, audio files; however, I believe there are more files that are being captured that we can do without. I've also already excluded external drives from the capture. For our environment, we don't need Scanstate to capture any more than what is required to capture Windows settings, user profile settings, etc. We have backup software that takes care of backing up data. Any help is appreciated.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet