simulacra75

Package dependency in UDI

Hi there.

We have a package in CM12 (SAPGUI 7.30) that IT admins can choose to install during the OSD process. SAPGUI 7.30 requires Office 2010 to be installed or it will not install correctly. I have setup a dependency in MDT that installs Office 2010 if SAPGUI 7.30 is selected during UDI. So far, so good.

Where i have a problem is in geographical locations where they require a different language version of Office 2010 installed. The needed language version of Office 2010 does indeed exist, that's not the problem, it's the installation of SAPGUI where i'm stuck. For example, i have an IT admin in China who wants to install SAPGUI but if he selects it in the UDI, Office 2010 in English gets installed (due to the dependency i've setup).

Ideally what i would like to achieve is when an admin selects SAPGUI that they somehow get prompted (or perhaps some other method) that Office 2010 must be installed also (and that whatever language version they choose actually gets installed before SAPGUI gets installed).

Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks

My brain isn't that big, but I'm thinking you'll need to create multiple SAPGUI applications. For instance, SAPGUI English, with a dependency of Office 2010 w/ English language. And SAPGUI Chinese, with a dependency of Office 2010 w/ Chinese language.

Make sense?