regan

deployment point frustration

Since upgrading from 2012-SP1-R2 i haven't been able to upgrade the clients, im fairly sure now after a fair amount of research this is down to the distribution point. I would assume that if there was an issue with the distribution point the update wouldn't be sent to the clients.

Im fairly sure i have the automatic updated all done, via the Hierarchy settings. Its only when i went to distribute content on one of my packages i realised that the issue might be with the MP/DP as i get "failed to distribute content details will be available after server finishes processing"

In distmgr.log i get "package sitename00002 does not have a preferred sender.

Used 0 out of 3 allow processing threads

In smsdpmon.log There is nothing for months which was my next check.

I have Noticed that there inst a SMS_DP$ folder but i do have a inetpub folder ( IIS )

Tried removing and Adding the DP which had no effect.

Is there any other logs which might give me an error code 3 to try and work out what the issue is?

it hasn't , assume it wouldn't if the SMS_DP$ folder is missing?

It seems some packages distribute to the DP and some dont. also ive tried to run the windowsupdateagent manually and it says its corrupt ( i found this in my old configuration manager client package location) Shouldnt there be a new location where the new client has been created?