misstify

Duplicate Administrative Categories

Question

Hello all,

I got tired of beating my head against the wall trying to figure this out on my own. I'll start off by saying that I'm pretty new to SCCM. I've had enough training to get me into trouble but still new enough to feel like I don't know what I'm doing (which is most days). I appreciate any help and patience you can offer!

My problem is that the last two Dell Cab drivers that I've imported have given me an annoying issue. After using the Dell Client Integration Pack to import the drivers (E7450), I noticed something weird. The categories appear to have duplicated themselves over and over again.

SCCMCategories.png

What I've been painstakingly doing is going to those drivers and deleting those unused categories.

Although I've cleaned up my view of my drivers, they still remain as a category when I right click the driver, select Categories, then Manage Categories.

SCCMCategories2.png

Probably the most annoying part of this problem is that when I'm editing my task sequence, that same E7450_7450 driver is listed dozens of times.

SCCMCategories3.png

Has anyone seen this before?

Could you please let me know what I might doing wrong?

I will also add that I tried deleting my E7450 driver folder completely and re-importing. That didn't do the trick and I was left with the same problem.

I appreciate any information you can offer me. Thank you!

Mary

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet