jrgonzalez_nyc

SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 Upgrade - PXE OSD issues

Question

We just finished upgrading our SCCM Servers both our CAS and PS1 to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1.

After the upgrade it seems that the new boot.wim file that is created is having issues. After the machine pxe boots and pulls down the wim file, it goes to windows is starting up then preparing network connections and then black screens and restarts.

I opened up an F8 command prompt and pulled the SMSTS.log and I see an error during the TSMBootStrap.exe step.

The error is Failed to download pxe variable file ...

PxeGetPxeData failed with ....

I have attached our SMSTS.LOG file.

I verified that i have network connectivity by running IP config and then I was also able to ping our MP.

I thought it might be driver related but I have tested from different dell models, Dell 9020, E3340, 7010, etc. and they all have the same problem.

Any ideas/suggestions?

smsts.log

3 answers to this question

Just wanted to update this forum with the solution that worked for me.

Initially after the upgrade I received calls regarding imaging, but then I noticed there were more problems specifically with our Management Point. My issues had to do with figuring out what was hosing our Management Point.

This thread helped me out tremendously: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/eb21f07a-6d01-4e61-bb6b-97a47626d78a/errors-after-update-from-sccm-2012-r2-to-r2-sp1?forum=configmanagergeneral

Trend Micro was causing problems with some of the services. After we uninstalled Trend Micro and removed and re-added the Management Point Role, everything seems to be working pretty smoothly.

My advice if your going to upgrade to 2012 R2 SP1 is to make sure you disable your anti-virus before running the installer.

• Like 1