simulacra75

Determine OS Language during a Refresh Task Sequence

Hi there

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I plan on using a custom UDI Task Sequence to deploy a particular software package in our organization. The reason why a Task Sequence is been used is that we want to able to allow local admins/users choose the language of the software package that gets installed. I actually have it working already where, depending what a user chooses in the UDI, triggers a Task Sequence variable to run and install the particular language that the user had chosen.

This works just fine and will probably suffice for our needs but i was hoping to add some more logic into the TS so that it would detect the OS language that the user has and then have the equivalent language of the software package already selected when they reached the the selection screen. As an example, if a user happened to have a Japanese OS, then when they came to the selection screen for the software package, the Japanese version would be automatically selected.

I have already done something similar in the past with an OSD scenario (using CustomSettings.ini) where the default gateway IP determines what the timezone, keyboard settings, etc are automatically selected but what i'm trying to attempt right now is a "refresh" scenario, i.e., the TS will run inside the Windows OS and not PE.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thank you.