Gacco

CM2012 Windows Updates Deployment

I am not sure where to begin. I have been battling with this beast with little to no positive results, and I cannot seem to get any traction or direction as to where the problem(s) may lie. I have a single site configured with my DB on a second server. I have created Collections, Software Update Groups and a couple of Compliance Baselines. My current frustration is trying to get my head around how to properly configure a compliance baseline as what i am doing is clearly not correct. The August patches just rolled out, and I attempted to create a baseline to run against my few Test Servers. The report comes back as Non-compliant, which is what i would expect as I have attempted to schedule the patches to be rolled out after hours Friday. When I run a compliance report on the Servers the report shows Non-compliant, but when i read through the report every single patch is listed as Not Applicable. If I reapply our organizations WSUS policy to draw them back into that arena WSUS shows many of the new patches as needed, so how have I so poorly defined my baseline that CM sees these patches as unnecessary. My Scan logs are littered wtih:

Did not find CategoryID for Update:06e723e4-cbe2-4ef5-8dbf-3bbcc8584960 ScanAgent 8/11/2016 10:53:56 AM 4836 (0x12E4)
CScanAgent::ScanByUpdates - Did not find UpdateClassification for Update:06e723e4-cbe2-4ef5-8dbf-3bbcc8584960 ScanAgent 8/11/2016 10:53:56 AM 4836 (0x12E4)
What is this trying to tell me?
I ran into much the same problems last month and still have yet to hear any suggestion as to where i may look for the problem. I have tried manually applying the updates, and as soon as I do that the patch shows up in CM as compliant for the Server on which I just manually installed it.
I'd be all too happy to post logs and any configuration settings that anyone would like to review if there is anyone with any suggestions or desire to probe this situation for a moment with me.