stein_brian@yahoo.com

PXE not responding to unknown computers

So I can't seem to get my new SCCM 2012 server to respond with an IP address to any unknown computers. Simple setup, one server for SCCM 2012 r2 fully patched. Separate sever running windows DHCP which works fine. Using IP Helpers in my switches. Please note this has nothing to do with running an OSD to the unknown computers container. This is just simply when the NIC is the first boot device, whether there is a job available or not, the computer should still obtain an IP address, realize there's no jobs, and continue to boot to the OS.

If the computer is known to SCCM it gets an IP address, realizes there's no job and continues booting. If the computer is NOT known to SCCM, then it just spins on the pxe part and never gets an IP address and eventually gets the PXE-E53 no boot filename received.

If I change my IP helper address and point to my older SCCM 2007 server it then gets an IP address even when unknown. same thing for my even older Altiris server. While it's not a show stopper because once I import the computer mac it then works fine, it's just really annoying. For the record I do have 'Enable unknown computer support' selected on the PXE tab of my DP. Any ideas? Thanks!